We are always excited to introduce ways to bring Montessori principles into your home and further the skills your child is learning in school. We are also a bit hungry after talking so much about our healthy and delicious menu!
This month we encourage you to step into the kitchen with your children and test out this friendly-for-all ages and delicious 2 ingredient “cookie”! (They’re dairy free, gluten free and vegetarian).
2-ingredient Banana Oat “Cookies”
2 ripe bananas,
One cup of oats (quick-cook or regular)
Cinnamon, chopped walnuts, few dark chocolate chips, raisins, or whatever else you want to try!
1. Peel two ripe bananas and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Using a fork mash the bananas until they are soft and no big chunks remain.
3. Pour in one cup of oats and mix.
4. Add any mix-ins now if you want!
5. Use a spoon to place approximately 10 cookies on a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
Your child is the chef today and you are there to help guide your child through the steps. Begin with a prepared environment and make sure the materials are all ready: ingredients, bowl, fork and cookie sheet. Let your child do the peeling, mashing, stirring, and dolloping onto the cookie sheet.
Focus on just one step at a time, and if your child does not know how, begin by doing the action slowly and quietly and letting them observe, and then give them the opportunity to do it on their own. You can work the oven and then enjoy the finished product together! And remember, they can help clean the bowls when you are all finished!
Subscribe to our mailing list!
Don’t miss out on House on the Hill Montessori Updates and Tips!